Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gonna Stick With It...

Time for an update to the ol' blog.

Well--I'm never gonna see 55 again. Had a great birthday week with friends and family, exercising when I could. I pretty much stuck to my usual regimen, except for all the cake and wonderful meals out. I'm grateful for the love of family and friends.

I've decided that I'm going to stick with the Kundalini Yoga--that I'm not going to give up so easily. I've gone three times now and am really liking it. I just have to remember that I can't do "pretzel" cuz of my left hip. The stretching is coming along, though, and the relaxation is terrific. I think it's good to change things up with exercise, because it helps to work different muscles and to break through plateaus on the scale. This should help. Michelle, our volunteer instructor, is doing a terrific job.

Last weigh in was 142. Still down 8 pounds since the holidays. Yea!!! But for all the eating out this past week, I pledge to not weigh in for a couple of weeks. I don't want to get depressed. I'm going to enjoy life like that from time to time and not feel guilty (I tell myself). It's all good.

So all the exercise that I'm doing on a regular basis is as follows: gymming, walking, swimming, yoga-ing and biking (when I can). That about sums things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment