Thursday, June 18, 2009

Still Up To My Fitness Tricks

Not a whole lot to report, except that I'm still doin' my thing--gymming three days a week and swimming 2-3 times per week--and up at 4:00 am, Monday through Friday, to do all that. I'm walking as time permits, as well. I haven't been biking as much. There just isn't time, unfortunately. My sister, Esther bikes about 3-4 times per week, and is really seeing improvements in her legs and wastline, as a result.

I want to share a great website with everyone
http://caloriecount.about.com/ If you sign up for e-mail updates, you'll get great healthy information in your inbox every day. There are many free fitness and nutrition tools available on this site. I just love it and wanted to share with everyone.

I'm now 138.5 pounds, which basically means that I'm holdin' steady. My deal is that I love to eat. I'm exercising like crazy, so I'm not gaining--just maintaining. I do eat pretty healthy, overall. I just have trouble at social events. I have to come up with a new "psychie" for handling that better than I currently do. The swimming has definitely helped to tone my body--especially my upper body, arms, shoulders, etc. The exercise that I do at the gym has helped tone the rest of my body. I do heavy work on my abs, but am not noticing as much toning as I would like. I'm physically limited to what I can do in that area, because many of the ab exercises hurt my arthritic hip. I do plan on having that replaced next January or February. We'll see how things work after that. I'm definitely looking for better times after that. Stay healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment